Tuesday, March 18, 2014

One stroke forward...three strokes back

     Three days in the gym last week...mostly work on the treadmill or the elliptical machine. Try to go 30 to 40 minutes at a medium intensity. 120 steps a minute on the elliptical or 3.4 miles/hour on the treadmill.  My hips are killing me! feels like they are going to split apart on the backside and my tailbone hurts when I sit down. I think I overstretched the ligaments in my sacral/iliac joint...if you can do such a thing.

     I did manage to get into the pool one day last week as well. 11laps doing the breast-stroke and 1 lap freestyle.  My right shoulder was in a bind after one lap and I found myself in the Chiropractor's office the following day....

     Hhmmm... I wonder if 11 laps of "frog kicks" with the breast-stroke is what has my hips so sore??
I used to be able to swim 25-30 laps 4-5 days a week.  I have a long way to go to get back to that level of swimming!

    Weight this week 162.8 pounds.  I think I back paddled a bit there too!  But let me tell you, the carb and sugar cravings have been horrible!!!

Hope this week is better! Blessings to you!
KR



No comments:

Post a Comment