Friday, January 24, 2014

1 Step forward...2 steps back!

Ok...
So last night was not such a good night to start my baby steps. I did park way out in the parking lot at work and walk in.
Step 1. Check!

However the stairs where a "No-Go"! 
I  was coughing so hard after walking in that it was difficult to even talk. When I arrived upstairs to my work, my boss was like..."Oh no! Home you go!"
Actually....
More like to the ER! Breathing treatment, more antibiotics, and steroids.

And guess what? I have scarring in my lungs, no doubt from being exposed to a continuous burn several years ago that my county put on after a severe ice storm. At the time I was hospitalized after over a week's exposure to heat and smoke with pneumonia and influenza A and influenza B.

The smoke was so thick it looked like dusk for days, and the heat so intense it melted the meter dial on my water meter (which is still broke, by the way). After several failed calls to the county to get them to stop all the burning right across the street from my house, it finally took my hospitalization and a call to the EPA by my husband to get them to shut it all down.

Thing is, at the time, I was so sick, I was just happy to be able to breathe again! I wasn't aware of the permanent damage I would end up with.

I now know why I am still sick and not getting better.   :(

 Yeah! *Sarcastic

At least I slept for a little last night before the coughing woke me up.
So I now have to do some preplanning. Doctors says I may have this cough for 3 more weeks before I am better. So no extra cardio for me right now. 

But I will be watching what I eat.  I am going to be working on my portion sizes. My dessert plate is becoming my new dinner plate.
Soda pop is out! (That is killing me!) But then it is killing me to drink it....so, it's out!
Processed foods are going to a minimum. I may as well try to clean out my kitchen cupboards while I am off from work for the next few days. Of course that is going to probably take several days in and of itself with as crappy as I feel.

So hears to a slow...but deliberate start!
Motivation:
(Just a "before" picture)
OK...2 years ago I was a much healthier 132 pounds. Still had a slight "Muffin-Top" but hey, I've had two children that I am very proud to have brought into this world. But I don't have double and triple chins! I was more active and had more energy. A work related injury side lined my gym routine (swimming)...and look what I lost!...err... should I say "added" since then.
 More proof that I CAN DO THIS!
Blessings...
KR

No comments:

Post a Comment